Thursday, March 26, 2009

Second Life

Having spent a few hours on Second Life, I have found a few locations that interest me. One is the Weather Channel's island. The many interactive buttons makes this location enjoyable.




I am a big Star Wars fan. Another island I really enjoyed was Star Wars themed. It had many Star Wars wall decorations and interactive objects. The Mos Eisley detail was also a plus.







A third location I found was a Lake Tahoe ski lodge. The scenery and vastness of this island made a strong impression. There were many interactive snowmen and penguins. This was also a plus.





Overall, Second Life is an entertaining and interesting way to interact over the internet. There are many different locations that appeal to a wide range of interests. I found many locations that were customized for specific TV shows that I watch. I personally found it awkward to start conversations with strangers I met on various islands. Most of the avatars either didn't respond or didn't seem too interested in the theme of island. I also sometimes found it difficult to find other avatars. I spent a lot of time walking around looking for other people. This may be due to my lack of experience on the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment